Thursday, November 10, 2011

Acts: God's Mission Continues (Prayer's Payment or Carelessness' Cost, 2)

Acts 1:12-26

Compare Elijah and Elisha with Jesus and Apostles
If you need power – Pray
3/4 mile (2000 cubits) = Sabbath journey
50 days from Passover to Pentecost. Jesus was in tomb, and then seen for forty days. Therefore maybe a week these people were in prayer.
Prayer preceded Pentecost!




KJV Luke 11:13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

If you need comfort – Promises
Scripture must be fulfilled: 69:25; 109:8

KJV Psalm 69:25 Let their habitation be desolate; and let none dwell in their tents.

KJV Psalm 109:8 Let his days be few; and let another take his office.

If you need warned
Judas had been in the ministry
• Sin entered his heart.
There were other eye-witnesses from baptism to Resurrection

KJV Luke 22:28 ¶ Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptations. 29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me; 30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

If you need hope
Judas descended but Matthias ascended